Clumsy and chaotic recipes from a not-so-graceful baker.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chocolate Ball "No-Bakes"

I made these little guys one night when I actually had planned to make the peanut butter brownies I've been craving (check back soon for that recipe!) Unfortunately that night, I lacked motivation to actually "bake" anything, so I settled for these instead. I got the recipe from IKEA (shocking, I know, since I've pretty much lived in that store since we got to San Diego).  Obviously it's not an IKEA original, as Drew let me know his mom made these a lot when he was growing up. Whether you've been making them for years, or this is your first time like me, they're easy, delicious, and you probably have all the ingredients on hand. Enjoy!

7 tbsp butter
7 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
3 tbsp cold strong coffee
Crushed sanding sugar (I used regular white sugar) or shredded coconut

Mix butter, sugar, unsweetened cocoa and coffee.  Form into small balls, about 3/4"-1" in diameter (I like to think of the same size that you make chocolate chip cookie dough before baking). Roll them in either sugar or coconut. Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. Eat with milk, coffee or what I did...wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment