Clumsy and chaotic recipes from a not-so-graceful baker.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cake Truffles...


...or cake balls, whichever your prefer. I've been so excited about jumping on the Bakerella trend and making cake pops. Its everything I love about food--cute, sweet and delicious--oh and dipped in chocolate.  Before I attempt the pops, I figured I would try the basic cake ball recipe and make some cake truffles.  It is so stinking easy.  Except for the waiting part, and there's a lot of waiting.  

Here is the OG cake ball recipe.  For my batch, I used yellow cake mix (a personal favorite) and store-bought cream cheese frosting.
It was funny to annihilate a freshly baked cake. Next time I will use homemade frosting to cut down on the sweetness factor.

I then used dark chocolate Wiltons candy melts for the coating.  The dark chocolate was perfect, so I would recommend that over the milk chocolate flavor. 

These lasted in the freezer for several weeks and tasted even better slightly frozen anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment